- The 1st Batch Students of BSS in Japanese Studies recently went for a day long picnic of Bhawal National Park on 07.04.2018
- The Japan Embassy has arranged an encouragement program for the first year (BSS honors) Students, Department Japanese Studies
- Book unwrapping and discussion on the book “বাংলাদেশে মৌলবাদ: জঙ্গিবাদের রাজনৈতিক অর্থনীতির অন্দর-বাহির” by Professor Dr, Abul Barkat, took place on 10.03.2018.at the Engineers Institute of Bangladesh
- Excursion to Nijhum Island, 1-4 March, 2018; Students, Staffs and Faculty Members Posted on: Feb 22nd, 2018
- Department of Japanese Studies is arranging a day long picnic on 7th April, 2018. Posted on: Mar 27th, 2018
Japan, for its miraculous economic boom, outstanding success in the area of science and technology, uniquely unique culture, long standing history and heritage is always a subject matter of study in the world academia, particularly, after the World War II. Japanese model of economy, management, science and technology are still examined by the scholars with great enthusiasm.
To study and understand the reasons behind Japan’s Economic Development, become familiar with great Japanese culture and customs which have significantly contributed to miraculous economic development, future engagements with Japan in the area of trade-aid and investment and fulfill the increasing demand of Japanese Studies among the Students, University of Dhaka has recently transformed Japan Study Center (JSC) as Department of Japanese Studies (DJS) which will be heartily welcoming its first batch of undergraduate students from the academic year 2017-18 . University of Dhaka is the pioneer to start the new era of Japanese Studies in Bangladesh.
In this very unique department students are expected to learn about Japan from wider perspectives. Students, both in Honours and Masters levels, will learn Japanese culture, society, economy, politics, language, anthropology, archeology, literature, business, management, history, international relations, Read More