- Two prominent Professors from Yamaguchi University have visited Department of Japanese Studies on 12th February, 2019
- Two Faculty members (Mr. Shiblee Noman & Md. Saifullah Akon) of the Dept. of Japanese Studies have return after successful completion of short course at Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan.
- Student of Masters in Japanese Studies (MJS) have successfully completed Saint Martin Tour from 8-10 February, 2019
- Mr. Shiblee Noman & Md. Saifullah Akon are going to participate at the Winter Program of Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan in January 2019 Posted on: Dec 23rd, 2018
- Students of MJS Program along with the Faculty member of the Dept. are going to an excursion in February 2019 Posted on: Dec 23rd, 2018
- Masters in Japanese Studies, Admission Test Result 2019 Posted on: Apr 12th, 2019
Japan, for its miraculous economic boom, outstanding success in the area of science and technology, uniquely unique culture, long standing history and heritage is always a subject matter of study in the world academia, particularly, after the World War II. Japanese model of economy, management, science and technology are still examined by the scholars with great enthusiasm.
To study and understand the reasons behind Japan’s Economic Development, become familiar with great Japanese culture and customs which have significantly contributed to miraculous economic development, future engagements with Japan in the area of trade-aid and investment and fulfill the increasing demand of Japanese Studies among the Students, University of Dhaka has recently transformed Japan Study Center (JSC) as Department of Japanese Studies (DJS) which will be heartily welcoming its first batch of undergraduate students from the academic year 2017-18 . University of Dhaka is the pioneer to start the new era of Japanese Studies in Bangladesh.
In this very unique department students are expected to learn about Japan from wider perspectives. Students, both in Honours and Masters levels, will learn Japanese culture, society, economy, politics, language, anthropology, archeology, literature, business, management, history, international relations, Read More