- Dr. Dilruba Sharmin has participated at Annual Conference of the Japanese Association for South Asian Studies Kanazawa, Japan on 29th- 30th September, 2018
- Dr. Lopamudra malek, Mr. Shiblee Noman & Md. Saifullah Akon has participated at 6th JSA- ASEAN Conference in Jakarta, Indonesia an 6th-7th December, 2018
- The Orientation Program of 16th Batch (2018-2019 Session) Masters in Japanese Studies (MJS) in the Department of Japanese Studies (DJS) has taken place on September 14, 2018
- Mr. Shiblee Noman & Md. Saifullah Akon are going to participate at the Winter Program of Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan in January 2019 Posted on: Dec 23rd, 2018
- Students of MJS Program along with the Faculty member of the Dept. are going to an excursion in February 2019 Posted on: Dec 23rd, 2018
Japan, for its miraculous economic boom, outstanding success in the area of science and technology, uniquely unique culture, long standing history and heritage is always a subject matter of study in the world academia, particularly, after the World War II. Japanese model of economy, management, science and technology are still examined by the scholars with great enthusiasm.
To study and understand the reasons behind Japan’s Economic Development, become familiar with great Japanese culture and customs which have significantly contributed to miraculous economic development, future engagements with Japan in the area of trade-aid and investment and fulfill the increasing demand of Japanese Studies among the Students, University of Dhaka has recently transformed Japan Study Center (JSC) as Department of Japanese Studies (DJS) which will be heartily welcoming its first batch of undergraduate students from the academic year 2017-18 . University of Dhaka is the pioneer to start the new era of Japanese Studies in Bangladesh.
In this very unique department students are expected to learn about Japan from wider perspectives. Students, both in Honours and Masters levels, will learn Japanese culture, society, economy, politics, language, anthropology, archeology, literature, business, management, history, international relations, Read More